|My Current Home Screen|
Note TakingI played around with a few note taking apps in the beginning, but settled on Good Notes 4 for a few different reasons. First and foremost it has great Apple Pencil support and includes a neat feature that lets you lasso text and move it around, which is helpful if your writing style is a little messy and sparse. My favorite feature is that you can import PDF files from a number of file providers like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox or in iOS 11 the Files app. Once imported you can mark the documents up and then export them back to any provider you want. The app has the concept of categories to keep you organized and has the concept of notebooks with all different types of paper to choose from.
FTP and SSH
- Ferrite - Podcast recording studio
- Overcast - Podcast listening app
- Microsoft Remote Desktop - Sometimes you need to access your Windows machine
- Byword - Markdown editor
- PCalc - A calculator because the iPad doesn't come with one, plus this developer has lots of easter eggs in it.
- iMovie - Movie editor because my Macs are too old to edit 4K
- Tweetbot 4 - My favorite Twitter client
- Inbox by Gmail - Keeping the dream of inbox zero alive.